You must use in-text APA-styled parenthetical citations in your response.
Answer the following in a way which demonstrates your familiarity with the assigned material:
- What is case linkage? Case linkage is fundamental to BEA, and is one of the primary distinctions between BEA and CP. Explain what case linkage is, how it works, and what it is linking.
- What is modus operandi? Explain what is meant by MO being the “How” of the serial offenses, or the “functional” aspect of serial offenses. Give examples of MO.
- What is signature? Explain what is meant by signature being the “why”, or the “psychological” aspect of serial offenses. Give examples of signature.
- How does case linkage in BEA differ from profile development in CP? Make an argument for the effectiveness of both CP and BEA. Make an argument against the effectiveness of both CP and BEA.
- Woodhams explores two key assumptions of case linkage. Explain the two key assumptions of case linkage as explored by Woodhams.